Thursday, March 27, 2008

Is My Dream Job Really a Dream?

Everyone has a "dream job". You know, the job you would really be doing if there were no limiters like talent, income, family commitments, etc. For a lucky few, their dream job is their current job. For the rest of us working stiffs, all we have is our fantasies that begin with "What if...".

Well, my dream job has always been (at least for the last 15 years or so) to be a professional runner. Unfortunately lack of talent has prevented me from pursuing this profession. However, I still fantasize about what it would be like to live a life where my only commitment was one or two training sessions a day.

However, in reading professional runner Brianna Glen's blog I am having second thoughts about my fantasy...

When I was in college, I thought that if you decided to compete after school and you were good, you’d make money—pretty decent money at that. Well my first year, I had an Adidas contract and ran a few meets, and I barely made it.

I guess it's back to the real world and my somewhat interesting but no means glamorous job that keeps the mortgage paid ...

No comments: