Monday, March 3, 2008

FIRST Half Marathon Plan

I just found the FIRST Half Marathon training plan on runnersworld.com. It's basically a 3 day a week program that you combine with cross-training.

I did RW's full marathon plan for my first marathon with success. I also did it for my second marathon with a little less success. (My theory is that it will get you to a certain level but then you really have to start adding miles in)

I am contemplating using the FIRST Half plan as my post-baby get in shape plan. Main reasons:
  • Low mileage: Perfect for recovering
  • High intensity: The first time around the thing I had the most trouble regaining was speed
  • Low frequency: With a newborn, a toddler and a job I'm not going to have a lot of time for mileage at first

Perhaps I'll do this plan this fall to get back in shape and then once my body is starting to make progress, switch to Daniel's for a spring marathon.

No comments: